About Dr. Kennard
Dr. Kennard has been a practicing chiropractor since 2001. He was an associate at one of the largest, multi-doctor Chiropractic and Physical Therapy centers in Maryland for six years. Dr. Kennard is a caring health care provider and a talented chiropractor whose main goal is to get you out of pain and into living a healthy lifestyle so that you will achieve optimal long term health.
Doctor of Chiropractic, New York Chiropractic College, 2001
B.A. Psychology, McMaster University, 1982
Dr. Kennard enjoys educating others through seminars, career days, science classes, and professional association gatherings. If you would like him to speak at an event, fill out the information on the front page or leave a message on the chat line and he will return your call.
- Neuromuscular Re-Education
- Muscle Release Technique
- Cox, Flexion and Distraction
- Webster Technique
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- X-Ray machine on site
- Distinguished Service Award, 2001, New York Chiropractic College for demonstrated dedication and service to the college above and beyond conventional expectation as well as providing motivational support to the institution
- Research Award, 2001, New York Chiropractic College in recognition of research contributions made to the Chiropractic Profession
- Sports and Medicine and Human Performance Club, 2001, New York Chiropractic College for outstanding dedication toward the advancement of chiropractic athletics
- Maryland Chiropractic Association
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- International Chiropractic Association
- Chiropractor for Lake Placid IRONMAN for two consecutive years
- World Record, 50 meter Backstroke 1984-2001, Masters Age Group Swimming
- Canadian University Swimming Championships, Silver Medalist
- MVP of the Year Award, McMaster University Swim Team
- Four Canadian Swimming records
- New York Upstate Regional Swimming Records
- Coach of NY Chiropractic College Swim Team, 2000-2001
- Chiropractic Olympics, 2001 National Championship Swim Team, seven personal medals
- Triathlete, 2004 to present
- A great written Article in Greater Annapolis Exclusively Series
- Article in Baltimore Sun : Columbia Triathlon Runner
- 2014 Medical Honoree for the Arthritis Foundation
Why Dr. Kennard is Inspired by Healing Through Chiropractic Care
In the early 1970’s my father, a medical doctor, investigated a new alternative approach to health care called Chiropractic. Based upon his findings he put his whole family under chiropractor care. My first adjustment was in 1974. I had fallen out of a tree and had a spiral fracture of my left wrist and had thrown out my pelvis. I do not remember exactly what I experienced at the Chiropractic office, but knew I liked going there because I felt better.
At 18, I was faced with choosing my future career. I considered following my father’s footsteps to become a medical doctor. But when I entertained the difference between working in a hospital setting where individuals are chronically sick, versus the chiropractor, who works in a setting with healthy and happy people, I made my decision. I wanted a Chiropractic career so I could work with people to achieve a healthy lifestyle, living life to its full potential.
So, off to University I went to complete my prerequisites for Chiropractic College. It turned out that I had a few diversions along the way…. While traveling in Hawaii, I was enjoying immensely the beautiful art of Boogie Boarding in ten foot waves. However, one of those immense waves decided to dump me head first on the beach and then throw someone on top of me. I consider myself lucky to be alive. Past experience told me go see a Chiropractor. I found one and got adjusted … once.
Back at home, six months later, I had a second injury falling off a fourteen foot scaffold on a construction site. It was serious. I went to the hospital, checked out OK, and then went off to a Chiropractor and got adjusted, once. Over the next few years I received adjustments occasionally, obviously when I felt the need.
Four years later, I awoke with my neck in severe pain. It felt like I had slept wrong. I could not understand why I was in pain. I had to lie in bed for four days with no movement. I finally called a friend who was a Chiropractor and told him I really needed a good chiropractor. He recommended a classmate. He was a Chiropractor who educated me on how the body can heal itself when given the opportunity and how Chiropractic assisted this by unlocking joints and allowing the nervous system to function optimally providing optimal healing and health.
At that time I did not have much money and was told I needed to be seen for what seemed like a ridiculous amount of visits. I complied because did not want that pain again. I paid on a per visit basis by credit card, starting with five times per week, then four times per week, then three times per week until eventually I was down to once every three to four weeks. I had just witnessed my body not only heal injuries but retrace injuries I had had earlier, and had totally forgotten about. I also realized I did not get my severe allergies like I used to. Back then, no one had ever mentioned Chiropractic helped the immune system with allergies. I was watching my body heal. After my Chiropractic healing experience, I re-focused my efforts and I started my third career in 1998 as student at New York Chiropractic College and graduated in 2001.
I have been a practicing chiropractor since 2001 and have had the pleasure of witnessing hundreds of patients be healed through natural healthcare. My intention with Kennard Chiropractic and Physical Therapy is to provide a personal care facility that enhances your health and improves your quality of life. Our focus is treatment and CARE of your pain and injury without the use of drugs or surgery. Our goal is to heal you and get you back to your activities of daily living as quickly as possible.